If your dog is looking a little “hangdog” from the heat, we’ve got some solutions for you… that don’t involve putting him on ice! Keep your favorite Fido fresh in the blistering summer weather with our top five choices for the summer months, designed to tame itchies, soothe hot spots, moisturize, deodorize, clean, and refresh!
1) Tea Tree and Aloe Shampoo: The soothing combination of tea tree oil and aloe is a recipe for “ahhhh” — Tea Tree Oil has long been recognized as an effective and beneficial ointment for skin irritations, insect bites and itching while aloe vera is widely known as one of nature’s finest soothing emollients, from American desert plants. These pure, natural ingredients soothe and relieve hot spots and itchy, dried or chafed skin caused by flea bites, dandruff or other dermatitis. And as one of our earthbath fans says, “The Tea Tree & Aloe is our fave during the summer! Works great on those ‘hot spots!'” We agree!
2) Mediterranean Magic Shampoo: In the summer, our mind has a tendency to wander away to the gorgeous Mediterranean, so why not bring a little of that Mediterranean Magic to your earthbath? Especially when summer has your dogs running into all kinds of new scents and smells, and possibly even rolling IN them… this shampoo is perfect for a pet who needs a little help to stay smelling squeaky clean. We searched the world for an essence that would get to the root of unpleasant scents and banish them… and discovered rosemary. Renowned for its fresh, long-lasting scent and skin soothing properties, the essence of rosemary will soothe, refresh, and deodorize! Mediterranean Magic will leave your best friend’s coat soft, plush, and smelling naturally fresh for days. One groomer, Tailspin Grooming, sheds her professional insight: “Mediterranean Magic works awesome on dogs who have a lingering smoke smell, rolled in something dead etc! I LOVE this shampoo!”
3) Eucalyptus and Peppermint Spritz: Just thinking of the bracing combination of eucalyptus and peppermint has us breathing deep and feeling revived. And when the temps are climbing towards the triple digits and the humidity has you feeling like a limp dishrag that needs to be wrung out, imagine how your fur-covered friend feels! This soothing spritz is the answer. All of our spritzes naturally eliminate pet odor between baths, re-moisturize skin and coat, & impart a healthy shine and supple softness without an oily residue. But the Eucalyptus and Peppermint is, hands down, our favorite for the summer months. Meadowfoam seed oil, colloidal oatmeal, aloe vera & vitamin E help to condition, rehydrate & soothe skin while the scents of eucalyptus and peppermint invigorate and cool. We don’t mind telling you we like this for OURSELVES as well as our dogs when the mercury climbs!
4) Green Tea Grooming Foam (for cats): The perfect solution for felines who hate water, our grooming foam makes grooming a cinch and will leave your finely furred friend looking and smelling better than ever before. Simply rub on, and towel off, no H2O needed. Cats get hot and extra dander-y in the summer months too, and many tend to spend more than the usual amount of time loungin’ in the sun, indoors or out. Give them a much needed cleansing without the hassle of water with this grooming foam. Gentle cleansers wisk away dander, dirt and residual saliva, helping resolve human/cat allergies and leaving your cat purrr-fectly fresh.
5) earthbath Travel Wipes: Summertime means road trips, camping, long hikes, beach walks, and plenty of fun in the sun (and dirt). Make sure to toss a packet of earthbath travel wipes in your summer travel tote, to easily clean pets’ dirty paws, undercoat, faces, and bottoms too! Remove dander, drool, discharge and cling-ons from playing in the unknown. We don’t leave home without ’em! Especially in the summer!
These are our top five summer faves — let us know yours in the comments!